How to Setup VPN for Apple TV –What is VPN for?
Firstly, you can unblock geo-locked content on Apple TV with a VPN. Short for a virtual private network, a VPN service encrypts all of a device’s internet traffic and routes it through an intermediary server in a location of the user’s choosing.
To follow these steps for the setup of VPN for Apple TV in a computer or laptop.
For Windows Users:
- As Start, go to “Control Panel” and click on “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Click on Change Adapter Settings
- Navigate to your Connection properties
- In sharing tab, click on “Allow other Network users to connect through this computer connection.”
- This will allow your Apple TV device to connect to the internet via your computer with an Ethernet/LAN cable using the already installed and running VPN connection on the computer.
The Best VPN for Apple TV
The best VPNs for Apple TV based on the following criteria:
- 150+Servers located in 57 countries where Apple TV is supported
- High speed and unlimited bandwidth for HD streams
- Quick and competent customer support if you need help with setup
It is proven time and again that it can unblock pretty much anything. That includes US and UK BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, Sling TV, and HBO Now/Go. Just ask the 24/7 live chat support which VPN server to connect to for your preferred streaming channel. Over 150+ servers are littered across 57 countries. CASVPN sets the gold standard for both speed and security. It always scores well in our speed tests and only uses the strongest encryption parameters, including perfect forward secrecy.
The provider sets the bar even higher by allowing its subscribers to utilize its smart DNS proxy service with or without connecting to a VPN. Called MediaStreamer, this service allows you to send DNS requests through a proxy service and unblock geo-locked content without actually connecting to a VPN. This is especially useful for Apple TV owners because the device does support changing the default DNS settings.
- Consistent high speeds for streaming in HD
- Hard to beat on privacy and security
- Works seamlessly with Apple TV
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- User-friendly apps for a variety of operating systems
- 24/7 live chat customer support
- Slightly pricier than other options below
BEST VPN FOR APPLE TV: CASVPN has a vast server network that is optimized for high-speed connections, it is perfect for watching Apple TV. User-friendly apps for all operating systems. Hard to beat on privacy and security. There is a 7-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free and subscribe a CASVPN